FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- Who are you and what do you do?Xpendy is an organisation founded in 2019 that helps consumers cancel their subscriptions. We have one mission: to make your daily life easier so you can quickly get back to doing the really important things.
Subscription cancelation is done through a standard letter that the consumer fills in with her name and address – this is data such as address and email, in some cases a customer number of the subscription in question.
We understand that it can be difficult to cancel subscriptions; especially if, for example, you need to cancel several subscriptions because of moving, emigration or the death of someone close. To make it easy for you, you can easily stop (multiple) subscriptions with one click on the button. You only need to fill in your name and address once and then click on the services you want to stop. No more hassle with long waiting times on the phone or conversations with a sales representative who tries to persuade you to stay. Ease of use!
- I have a complaint about this serviceWhat a pity that you have a complaint about our service. We would like to help you and solve your problem. Unfortunately, we cannot be reached by phone, but you can always send us an e-mail. You can reach us at [email protected]
- Can I add an organisation myself if it is not listed?Is the organisation where you want to cancel your subscription not listed yet? How stupid of us! We are continuously improving, and it may be that an organisation is still missing. We are happy to receive your feedback; you can e-mail it to [email protected] We will then add the service to our website as soon as possible!
- What are Xpendy’s reviews?It’s very important to us that our clients are happy with us. That’s why we love it when you leave us a review. Even if you’re not satisfied, we’ll do everything we can to help you. Are you curious about what others have to say about Xpendy? You can find the reviews on our review page.
- How can I contact Xpendy?Do you have a question, complaint or feedback? We’d love to hear from you. Unfortunately, we can’t be reached by phone, but you can always send us an e-mail. This can be sent to [email protected]
- Is Xpendy reliable?Xpendy is definitely reliable and offers a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. This means that if Xpendy is unable to complete your cancelation, you will receive a full refund. If you have any questions, you can always contact customer service at [email protected]
- How does it work?We want to save you all the trouble of canceling subscriptions. Therefore, instead of canceling your subscriptions over the phone, you can do it quickly and easily with Xpendy:
- You click on the service you want to cancel, for instance Basic Fit.
- Then you fill in your details. These details are automatically filled in in the standard letter.
- You choose the date on which you wish to cancel your subscription. If you are moving, for instance, it may be that the date is different from the earliest possible date. If you want to leave as soon as possible, you can choose this option. This will also be automatically filled in in the letter.
- If you want to give additional information, you can add it yourself. This is optional.
- Click on ‘Cancel Basic Fit’ and you will be referred to the payment procedure. Here you also need to provide your digital signature.
- How do I draft a cancelation letter?When you cancel your subscription with Xpendy, you don’t have to write a cancelation letter; we have already done that for you. However, we do ask you to fill in your address, name and – in some cases – your customer number, so we can include this in the letter.
- How do I sign my letter?You must sign the cancelation letter to make the cancelation legally valid. Letters can also be signed online using a digital signature. At Xpendy, a digital signature is automatically created when generating your cancelation letter.
- How does the organisation know that the letter is really from me?To be able to realise the termination of your contract, we need some personal information from you and in some cases a client number. Xpendy also automatically generates a digital signature when generating your cancelation letter.
- Am I insured with your company?We find it important that your cancelation always arrives safely at the organisation. However, we cannot give this guarantee 100%, as we are dependent on the postal service. To offer you extra security, we send the cancelation letters by registered post. A registered shipment is insured up to €50.00 and you will receive a confirmation e-mail from us with the Track and Trace code and the exact date and time of dispatch immediately after sending your cancelation letter. This way you can track your letter and you will also receive a confirmation once the letter has been delivered (including the recipient’s signature). You can use this confirmation e-mail as proof of cancelation in case the shipment does not arrive, and your subscription continues.
- Why can I not download the cancelation letter?It may be that you are unable to download the cancelation letter because you do not have (the most recent version of) Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download the most recent version here. If you have downloaded this version and are still experiencing problems, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
- Why cancel by registered letter and not by phone?These days, canceling a subscription is not that easy anymore. Organisations make it difficult for you as a consumer by placing obstacles in the way so that many people drop out of the subscription process. Often, after a long telephone queue, you get a sales representative on the line who asks you lots of questions and tries to persuade you to stay a customer for a little longer. Besides the fact that this process is time-consuming, in some cases the power of persuasion is so great that 9/10 customers decide to remain customers after all.
- How do I cancel my subscription/membership?Whatever subscription or membership you want to cancel, Xpendy makes it easy! You choose the provider, fill in your details and we will make sure the cancelation letter is prepared and sent. We send the letter by registered mail, so you are insured and can follow the letter with a Track and Trace code.
- When can I cancel my subscription?In principle, you can cancel any subscription whenever you want. However, you do need to take the notice period into account. The notice period can differ per organisation. During the notice period, payments still take place.
- What is the term of notice for a subscription?Most organisations have a term of notice of one month; however, there are also organisations, such as charities, which do not have a term of notice. You do not have to find out for yourself; we have already done that for you! For each organisation, we explain on the termination page what the notice period is, so you do not have to worry about it.
- Where can I find my customer number?In some cases, a customer number is necessary to complete the cancelation. Your customer number can usually be found on an invoice or in an online account environment.
- I am looking for a sample letter to cancel my subscriptionYou do not always have to reinvent the wheel. To make it easy for you to cancel your subscriptions, we have prepared a standard letter that you can use for any organisation. All you have to do is fill in your own details, the date you want to end your subscription and your customer number if you want. You can download the standard letter, fill it in, print it and send it yourself, but you can also choose to let us do it. That saves you another trip to the post office!
- Do you have a sample letter for canceling your subscription in English?Yes, we offer a sample letter for cancelling your subscription in English. Also, we have sample letters for the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Austria, Poland, Turkey, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Australia, United Kingdom, United States of America, Ireland, Portugal and Switzerland.
- Can I cancel my subscription by e-mail?You can certainly cancel your subscriptions by e-mail. This is much quicker than doing it over the phone and for many people it is also nicer, because then you do not run the risk of being persuaded to remain a customer. You can write a letter and send it yourself, but at Xpendy we can take care of this for you. All we need from you are your address and the date of termination; we’ll take care of the rest! We make sure that your cancelation letter is sent by registered post, so that you can track your letter and you are insured up to €50.00. An additional advantage: you can cancel several subscriptions at the same time!
- Can I check the status of my cancelation somewhere?After you have completed your cancelation and payment, we go to work for you behind the scenes. We print your letter, pack it up and send it to the relevant organisation by registered post. As soon as the letter has been posted, we will send you a confirmation by e-mail. In this e-mail you will find the exact date and time the letter was sent, including a Track and Trace code. This Track and Trace code enables you to track your cancelation letter. As soon as the letter is delivered, you will receive a delivery confirmation including a signature of the person who accepted the letter.
- Do I receive confirmation of the cancelation of a subscription?Xpendy keeps you informed about the cancelation of your subscription. You receive a shipping confirmation with Track and Trace code as soon as the letter is sent and a receipt including the signature of the recipient. This way you know whether your cancelation has arrived correctly. The actual cancelation in the system is up to the organisation itself and unfortunately, we have no influence on this. If the unlikely happens and the termination of the subscription has not been properly received, it is best to contact the organisation where you are a subscriber directly to arrange this. In principle this does not have any negative consequences: you have a proof of sending and receipt of the letter you sent earlier.
- I am moving house. How do I cancel my subscriptions quickly and easily?How nice that you are going to move! We wish you good luck with the move. To save some time, you can cancel your subscriptions through us in one go. All we need is your address, e-mail and, in some cases, your customer number, and we will take care of the rest. That way you can get back to packing moving boxes!
- Can I take my subscriptions with me to my new address?In principle you can take all your subscriptions with you to your new address. What is important here is that you change your address. Should you wish to stop a number of subscriptions, then we can arrange this for you without any difficulty!
- If I switch to a different supplier, can I keep my old subscription?Whether you can switch from one supplier to another depends on the contract you have agreed with your current supplier. Check this carefully before you take any steps, because in some cases you have to pay a cancelation fee when you switch, which is not always advantageous. When you switch, you cannot let your old subscription run over; you have to conclude a new contract. So, you also have to cancel your old subscription. We can help you with this; all we need is your address, e-mail and possibly a customer number, and we will arrange it for you!
- I am going to emigrate. How do I cancel my subscriptions quickly and easily?When you emigrate, there are a lot of things that need to be done; also, a lot of things that you might not have thought of. To be able to support you in the area of contracts and to relieve you of this, we can cancel your subscriptions for you. We only need your address, e-mail and where necessary your customer number, and we will take care of the rest! We make sure that the cancelation letters are sent by registered mail to the organisations you are a member of. This way you can focus on all other important matters!
- How do I cancel subscriptions in case of death?We are sorry for your loss and wish you a lot of strength during this difficult period. We can imagine that canceling subscriptions is the last thing on your mind right now. We would like to help you so that you do not have to do this all by yourself. All we need from you is your address and any e-mail address or customer number; we will take care of everything for you.
- Can I cancel my subscription after a price increase?Of course, you can. Any reason you have to stop your subscription is a valid reason. You can cancel your subscription yourself, but we can also do that for you. All we need from you is your address, e-mail and possibly a customer number; we will arrange the cancelation of your subscription.
- Can I keep my phone number when switching providers?It is possible, if you switch from one provider to another, to keep your phone number. However, you need to request this yourself before switching. You can arrange this with your provider; most providers have an online function for this.
- What are the conditions for canceling subscriptions?The conditions depend very much on the type of subscription and on the organisation to which you subscribe. For example, one organisation has no notice period, and another organisation has a notice period of two months. We think it is important that you are well informed, so if you have any questions about the conditions of a specific subscription, we advise you to read the conditions of the organisation itself.
For more information about Xpendy, please read our terms and conditions. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We can be reached by e-mail at [email protected]
- How do the terms and conditions of canceling subscriptions vary between services?The conditions depend very much on the type of subscription and the organisation to which you subscribe. For example, one organisation has no notice period, and another has a notice period of two months. We think it is important that you are well informed, so if you have any questions about the conditions of a specific subscription, we advise you to read the conditions of the organisation itself.
- Is a subscription cancelled by e-mail legally valid?Termination by e-mail is legally valid. The only thing you need to be able to prove is that the provider received the cancelation. To be able to offer you that certainty, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from us containing the exact time and date of sending and a Track and Trace code. As soon as the letter is delivered, you will also receive a receipt with the recipient’s signature. You can therefore keep these e-mails as proof, should this be necessary.
- Is an electronic signature legally valid?Today, an electronic signature has the same legal effects as a handwritten signature. This means that electronic contracts and agreements are legally possible. When you complete your cancelation of a certain subscription via Xpendy, a digital signature is automatically generated. This signature is legally valid.
- Can I cancel my subscription before the end of the contract, for example?This is certainly possible; in principle you can cancel your contracts whenever you want. However, it may be that you have taken out a subscription for a year or several years and have received a premium discount, for example. If you then cancel the subscription earlier, in many cases you will have to pay a cancelation fee to the organisation to which you are a subscriber. You do need to take this into account. You should also consider that in many cases a notice period applies. This is often no longer than three months – in most cases it is one month’s notice. We also explain this information on the specific cancelation pages.
- Can I add a subscription that has not yet started?Requesting a subscription works basically the same as buying a product. If you buy an item in a shop, you also have 14 days to cancel it. This also applies to subscriptions. You can cancel your subscription within 14 days at no cost. Any costs incurred will then be refunded to you. We advise you to arrange this directly with the provider.
- Can I cancel a season ticket?Of course, you can also cancel an ongoing subscription for an indefinite period. Here you should also consider a notice period, which differs per provider. This information is also explained on the specific cancelation pages.
- I have taken out a discounted subscription for several years. Can I cancel a subscription early?Of course, in principle you can cancel your contracts whenever you want. What you should consider, however, is a possible termination fee. Chances are that you have concluded a contract for several years so that you got a certain discount on your monthly premium. If you terminate the contract before these years are over – and switch to a competitor – the provider will often charge you a cancelation fee.
- Can I still cancel my cancelation letter (right of withdrawal)?The right of withdrawal for consumers means that you can cancel a contract concluded over the internet, by phone or in the street within 14 days without giving any reason. This applies to the request for a contract, but also to the cancelation of a contract. Should you wish to cancel, we ask you to do so as soon as possible at [email protected] If we have not sent the letter yet, we can cancel it immediately and refund your payment. If we have already sent the letter, we advise you to contact the organisation where you became a subscriber directly.
Important: please state the e-mail address with which you placed the order, so that we can retrieve all the data and act more quickly.
- How can I pay for my order at Xpendy?Currently, Xpendy accepts payment by credit card and PayPal.
- How much does it cost to cancel a subscription?The cost for canceling your subscription(s) is $14.95 including VAT. This is the price for one cancelation.
- Can I cancel a subscription for free?Xpendy does not offer free cancelation of subscriptions. However, you can download our example letter and send it yourself. However, you will then have to deal with the shipping costs and the additional time and effort.
- Do I get a refund if I cancel a subscription early?A refund depends very much on the organisation and the type of subscription that you want to cancel. We do not dare to advise you on this. If you would like an answer to this question, we advise you to contact the organisation to which you subscribe directly.
- How much does it cost to download a sample letter?Downloading the sample letter is free of charge; you can use this letter for yourself and add to it.
Information about the cancelation process
General questions on canceling subscriptions
Canceling subscriptions in specific situations
Legal questions concerning the cancelation of subscriptions
Questions regarding payments
Is your question not included? Feel free to contact us at [email protected]